- Product Sections
- Special Topics
- Tech Tips
- Conference Videos
Search the Library
|| Print ||
By default the Nagios XI virtual machine is set to obtain an IP address via DHCP. If you need to use a static IP, or change the DNS name for the machine, you'll need to run a special configuration tool.
To change the virtual machine network configuration settings, follow these steps:
1. Login to the machine as the root user
2. Install the system network configuration TUI
yum install -y system-config-network-tui
3. Run the system network config tool from the command line
The config tool allows you to change the DNS information and network card settings on the virtual machine.
4. Once you've made the appropriate changes in the configuration tool, run these commands from the command line to activate the virtual machine's network card with the updated configuration.
5. You can verify the network settings by using the ifconfig command like this:
A quick video that takes you through the process of running the network configuration tool is available below.